Sunday, December 16, 2012

A little bit about myself and this blog

Welcome to my first ever blog post. In this blog, I will tell you a little bit about myself and also what you can expect to find on this blog.

My name is Ben Tankersley (which you probably already know if you are here). I am 18 years old and a student at the University of North Georgia majoring in Computer Science. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with that degree yet, but I will take the time to figure that out later. I have been a Christian ever since I was 7 years old and have only grown to love God more each and every day. God deserves all credit for everything I have ever achieved. If it were not for Him, I would be completely lost. I love football (both pro and college) and baseball (only pro). My favorite teams are the Atlanta Braves, the Atlanta Falcons, and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (go ahead and hate if you want to but I don't care). A lot of people wonder why I choose to cheer for Georgia Tech even though UGA usually beats GT in football year after year. There is really a simple answer to that: my parents met at Georgia Tech. So if it were not for Georgia Tech, I would not be here, and I figure that is reason enough to give Georgia Tech football my support. I also love a wide variety of music ranging from Classic Rock to Blues to Christian to Country even to Classical. My favorite bands are the Beatles, Queen, Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Third Day, and Big and Rich. As a band geek throughout middle and high school I have become a fan of various composers including Gustav Holst, Pyotr Tchaikovsky, Giuseppe Verdi, and Gioachino Rossini. My favorite pieces of classical music include the First and Second Suites by Holst, March Slav by Tchaikovsky, La Forza del Destino Overture by Verdi, and the Barber of Seville Overture by Rossini.

On this blog you should expect to see my occasional rant about America, my opinions on sports and sports transactions, my nfl mock draft, my NFL and NCAAF weekly picks, and whatever else I decide to write about. I hope that you enjoy reading my blog. If you have any comments, questions, or something you would like for me to write about please don't hesitate to e-mail me at bat082994@gmail.com. Thank you and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment