Friday, December 21, 2012

It's the End of the World as we Know It

And I feel fine. If you are reading this, then that means the world in fact did  not end as the Mayans "predicted." I put that in quotes simply because I don't think that the Mayans actually predicted that today would be the end of the world. Take the Mayan calender as a clue to that. Have you ever actually seen that (http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbo=d&rlz=1C1SKPM_enUS451US451&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=ipidwUXWKIV7CM:&imgrefurl=http://bostinno.com/2012/12/11/mayan-calendar-end-of-the-world-december-21-2012/&docid=2cP-SecEHuHfbM&imgurl=http://cloudfront2.bostinno.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Mayan-Calendar.jpeg&w=1024&h=768&ei=bmjUUNPjO5O68wTf8YDYDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=140&vpy=362&dur=11&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=153&ty=96&sig=100469568682862204057&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=199&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:160). I think the reason the calender itself ended is that it ran out of room for more. In addition to that, the Mayans did not account for leap years, so according to the Mayans, the world should have ended a couple of months ago. In Matthew 24: 36, Jesus clearly says, "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even angels or heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. Matthew 24:36 ESV." I think that pretty much sums up what I think about all these people predicting the end of the world. Jesus clearly said that "no one knows." Because of this, I believe that we as humans should stop trying to guess when the world is going to end and live our lives to the fullest because we are not guaranteed tomorrow. I don't mean that as to go do a bunch of stupid stuff because you only live once. I mean that you should live each day to the fullest.

To finish this post, I will post my NFL picks for this weekend below. The winners  will be BOLDED AND IN ALL CAPS.

ATLANTA FALCONS vs. Detroit Lions

New Orleans Saints vs. DALLAS COWBOYS

Tennessee Titans vs. GREEN BAY PACKERS

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS vs. Kansas City Chiefs

Buffalo Bills vs. MIAMI DOLPHINS

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS vs. New York Jets

WASHINGTON REDSKINS vs. Philadelphia Eagles

CINCINNATI BENGALS vs. Pittsburgh Steelers

St. Louis Rams vs. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Oakland Raiders vs. CAROLINA PANTHERS

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS vs. Jacksonville Jaguars

MINNESOTA VIKINGS vs. Houston Texans

Cleveland Browns vs. DENVER BRONCOS

CHICAGO BEARS vs. Arizona Cardinals

New York Giants vs. BALTIMORE RAVENS

SAN FRANCISCO 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I would also like to take this moment to invite all of you to Forest Heights Baptist Church on Christmas Eve at 5:30 PM for our Christmas Eve Candlelight service. It will be a lot of fun with music (including a special by me) and worshiping the birth of our Lord and Savior. I hope all of you can make it and if you need directions please e-mail me at bat082994@gmail.com. God Bless and Merry CHRISTmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment