Saturday, January 12, 2013

NFL Divisional Round Playoff Picks

This week, I'll be picking what play-off games have not already started, because as I am writing this, Denver and Baltimore have already started to play. However, I do want Denver to win that game. I'm just not going to analyze it because it has already started. Anyway, here are the rest of the weekend's games. Winners and in BOLD AND ALL CAPS. Enjoy and God bless!!

GREEN BAY PACKERS vs. San Francisco 49ers
This game was easily the hardest one for me to pick. Both teams are very good. In their first matchup in week 1, the 49ers won 30-22. I think that both teams have gotten better (and healthier) since that game. However, with the health of 49ers DE Justin Smith still questionable, I have to pick the Packers to win this game 30-27.

Houston Texans vs. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
Anyone who saw this game the first time it happened knows that New England absolutely destroyed Houston. I fully expect a similar result. You simply will not have an easy time playing Tom Brady in Foxborough in the playoffs. Patriots win 42-20.

Seattle Seahawks vs. ATLANTA FALCONS
This could very well turn out to be the game of the week. These are two great teams going at each other that match up very well with each other. Seattle has one of the nation's best secondaries that includes Pro Bowler Richard Sherman. I am excited to see how he and Brandon Browner will match up with Atlanta WRs Julio Jones and Roddy White. The last time these two teams met, Julio Jones took advantage of Browner. I think the players that will win this game for the Falcons are Tony Gonzalez and Harry Douglas. Falcons win 35-32.

No comments:

Post a Comment